8/7/14

Review of Teeth and Talons by Samantha Combs

Teeth and Talons
Samantha Combs

Four wonderfully written short stories !

Story 1 - The Ink Man

Darryl Stickett is a tattoo artist that can not climb out of the dark pit. He drinks to much and now finds himself needing cash, he pawns his tattoo kit for cash. When he went back to buy it back the owner sold it but offers him another kit. This kit is one that "owns you, your soul belongs to it." Once Darryl starts his business back up things are going great . . . . BUT if he doesn't do what needs done the nightmare starts for him! One that he can not escape from. The tattoo is not just a piece of art but something much, much more. This is the first story and one that stuck with me thru the whole book. The words popped off the page and flowed so easily!

Story 2 - The Robbery Countdown

Steve, Eddie and Donny went to rob a liquor store, plans went HORRIBLE wrong ! After reading this I would say to all those that are thinking of this, THINK AGAIN! Great story ! !  !

Story 3 - Rock-N-Roll All Night

A vampire band ?? Samantha puts a wonderful spin on this short story ! LOVED it !

Story 4 - The Chair

This story made me chuckle and glad that I don't have to deal with roommates ! !  ! George is not happy with his roommate Tim. Tim is not the best roommate and no way nears handles his part of the deal. Tim may have just found something to take of the problem. . . . . This was by far my favorite of the 4! Combs nailed this one ! I chuckled and gasped all at the sametime !

These are well written short stories and hope to read more ! Her unique type of writing is very enjoyable. 

5 shiny stars
Wende

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Julie's Book Review

Hello, all my followers, visitors, and guests. Welcome to Julies Book Review. This is a site dedicated to helping authors and readers alike. Readers to find new authors and stories and authors to find new readers. For authors please contact me if you are interested in low cost promotion at juliesbookreview@gmail.com. I accommodate where I can. Readers please go through and search the blog. We have been active here for a while. Hundreds on authors, stories and genres to choose from. We have everything from sci-fi, erotica, romance, contemporary, mystery and horror. And nothing gets on this site without a 3 out 5 star rating minimum. I have several reviewers that read different genres. If you are interested in reviewing for me and the site please contact me at the above email. I hope you enjoy the site. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all.

Julie Ramsey & Theresa Fehse
ADM of JBR
Along with many reviewers (which we could not do this without)