3/28/14

Review of Blessed Homecoming by Lorraine Nelson


Blessed Homecoming by Lorraine Nelson


Wendy Danforth goes back home to her parents after getting a divorce. Arriving home her parents find out the Wendy had neglected to mention they would be grandparents in the very near future. Whilst Wendy settles back into her childhood home and prepares to become a mother herself she also has to contend with a drifter her parents have taken in to do odd jobs. Is Jake taking advantage of her parents good nature, and what is he running from? All becomes clear as Wendy finds her ex husband doesn't want to take the divorce lying down!

One thing I need to tell readers is that this is quite a Christian book with frequent references to God. If you are not a believer (like me) or have a different religion this may not be for you. Although I have to say I did enjoy the story, yes there were a few parts that were just slightly too much of a co-incidence, or the hand of God, depending or your beliefs, but sometimes you have to let these go, it is fiction. I like the character of Wendy, you might think that moving home, pregnant with a failed marriage makes her a weak person but actually I think it took a lot of strength and she shows that. Especially when when threatened by her ex-husband. And Jake's character is also very interesting, he has lost his faith in God and tries very hard to keep his attraction to Wendy a secret, scared of reliving his past, and it does take quite a lot of the book for the full story to come out so I am trying not to give things away. You might also be forgiven for thinking that this is a nice cosy romance and although to some extent it is, and I was definitely left with warm fuzzy feelings, there was also a good bit of drama and I was left wondering until quite late how Jake would decide he wanted to go on with his life.

A good read 4 out of 5 stars

Petra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Julie's Book Review

Hello, all my followers, visitors, and guests. Welcome to Julies Book Review. This is a site dedicated to helping authors and readers alike. Readers to find new authors and stories and authors to find new readers. For authors please contact me if you are interested in low cost promotion at juliesbookreview@gmail.com. I accommodate where I can. Readers please go through and search the blog. We have been active here for a while. Hundreds on authors, stories and genres to choose from. We have everything from sci-fi, erotica, romance, contemporary, mystery and horror. And nothing gets on this site without a 3 out 5 star rating minimum. I have several reviewers that read different genres. If you are interested in reviewing for me and the site please contact me at the above email. I hope you enjoy the site. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all.

Julie Ramsey & Theresa Fehse
ADM of JBR
Along with many reviewers (which we could not do this without)