5/17/13

Review of Plague of Dissent by Nic Taylor

A Plague of Dissent
by
Nic Taylor

A fast paced thriller, bursting with political intrigue and corruption. It paints a picture of the UK, where media companies hack into personal communications at will, in search of their next headline. Of politicians lining their pockets with falsified expense claims and crooked practices operate within the police force. Where government contracts can be bought and sold by those that have the Prime Ministers ear, that to, on sale for the right price; and where banks and corporations make millions at the expense of the man in the street.
A story of greed and corruption; where riots and civil unrest are turning the country upside down and a small group of men attempting to use this anarchy that is spreading across the country to further their own agendas.
Into this nightmare scenario are dragged a young man Adam, his girl friend Isobel and his brother Dan a professional rugby player and England wing forward. They are pursued by the faceless men who believe they are party to information that could compromise their mission and have two choices, to run or, to turn and fight for their lives.

This is not the type of book I usually read, but I enjoyed it.  It was a little slow for me to get into, but if you hang in there you're sure to enjoy the story too.  This is the first book I've read by this author but I'm sure it won't be the last.
 
I rate this book 3 1/2 stars

Jennifer Wadkins
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Julie's Book Review

Hello, all my followers, visitors, and guests. Welcome to Julies Book Review. This is a site dedicated to helping authors and readers alike. Readers to find new authors and stories and authors to find new readers. For authors please contact me if you are interested in low cost promotion at juliesbookreview@gmail.com. I accommodate where I can. Readers please go through and search the blog. We have been active here for a while. Hundreds on authors, stories and genres to choose from. We have everything from sci-fi, erotica, romance, contemporary, mystery and horror. And nothing gets on this site without a 3 out 5 star rating minimum. I have several reviewers that read different genres. If you are interested in reviewing for me and the site please contact me at the above email. I hope you enjoy the site. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all.

Julie Ramsey & Theresa Fehse
ADM of JBR
Along with many reviewers (which we could not do this without)