11/13/15

Review of Watchmage of old New York by C.A Sanders

The Watchmage of Old New York

Rating: 4 Stars

Fantasy is not my normal genre. I struggle with mythical creatures and keeping them straight. Is there a difference between a pixie and a fairy?? This is why I normally shy away from fanciful creatures in stories. However this novel's main characters are in fact human or at least I am pretty sure Nathaniel is still human despite being a wizard. The story goes back in forth in points of view from Nathaniel to his son Jonas giving the ready two points of view in terms of the investigation. The story centers around a kidnapping of a human child by magical forces. Jonas (a police officer) must team up with his father Nathaniel (a policeman of sorts for magical creatures) to solve the crime and bring the child home.
The book is easy to read and follow and kept me engaged in the mystery as it unfolded. I was able to finish it in just a couple days so it is a good length and the story didn't feel drawn out. If you enjoy a good mystery with supernatural aspects this is your book.

Ana Elise Meyer
Twitter:@AnaEliseMeyer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Julie's Book Review

Hello, all my followers, visitors, and guests. Welcome to Julies Book Review. This is a site dedicated to helping authors and readers alike. Readers to find new authors and stories and authors to find new readers. For authors please contact me if you are interested in low cost promotion at juliesbookreview@gmail.com. I accommodate where I can. Readers please go through and search the blog. We have been active here for a while. Hundreds on authors, stories and genres to choose from. We have everything from sci-fi, erotica, romance, contemporary, mystery and horror. And nothing gets on this site without a 3 out 5 star rating minimum. I have several reviewers that read different genres. If you are interested in reviewing for me and the site please contact me at the above email. I hope you enjoy the site. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all.

Julie Ramsey & Theresa Fehse
ADM of JBR
Along with many reviewers (which we could not do this without)