8/12/15

Julian M. Coleman



Really, Cher?: A Story with a Dog In It

My dog, Cherie – or Cher, as she is lovingly referred by family members, is calculating and very patient. I’ve sufferedCher for years. We’ve been together from spinsterhood to grandchild to marriage. She loves my husband and my daughter. She adores my granddaughter. But she hates me. Maybe hate is too strong a word?  Maybe it’s jealousy or just plain old contempt? You decided. These are her tales (or my story about a roguish she-dog with a diva complex).

Julian M. Coleman
I grew up in Richmond, Virginia, but I'm not a dainty Southern Belle. My family was poor and my childhood was harsh. I used to suffer from bad dreams. I used to dream about demons. I believe those nightmares were worse than the poverty. 

The demons used to wait until I was in sleep-paralysis to scare the crap out of me. If I was lucky, they hid in the shadows. I wasn't always lucky. As I grew older, they weren't always hideous. To this day, I believe that sometimes true evil is seductive, even beautiful.

There are things you don't outgrow. You learn to cope. I did that by writing about demons. 

But growing up I had allies. I discovered that love transcends nightmares. I'm a dog lover and on several fortunate occasions my dogs entered my dream worlds and saved me. 

As an author, I write about seductive demons and mischievous pooches. If you want a chuckle then read about my canine diva. 

But, you may want to take a darker path with me. You may want to meet my demons. If that's the case, then I want you to be scared with me -- is that so wrong? I don't just want to scare you, though. I want you to care about the characters. Because if you care about them, then you will be afraid for them. You may also feel their fears. 

Who knows, you could have nightmares about beautiful demons, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Julie's Book Review

Hello, all my followers, visitors, and guests. Welcome to Julies Book Review. This is a site dedicated to helping authors and readers alike. Readers to find new authors and stories and authors to find new readers. For authors please contact me if you are interested in low cost promotion at juliesbookreview@gmail.com. I accommodate where I can. Readers please go through and search the blog. We have been active here for a while. Hundreds on authors, stories and genres to choose from. We have everything from sci-fi, erotica, romance, contemporary, mystery and horror. And nothing gets on this site without a 3 out 5 star rating minimum. I have several reviewers that read different genres. If you are interested in reviewing for me and the site please contact me at the above email. I hope you enjoy the site. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all.

Julie Ramsey & Theresa Fehse
ADM of JBR
Along with many reviewers (which we could not do this without)