3/6/13

Interview with Don Abdul

Don Abdul is giving away E-copy of Hero's Due so make sure you check out the rafflecopter to the right of this page!


Welcome to Julies Book Review. Can you tell me a little about yourself?
Thank you very much for having me Julie. I am Don Abdul, an easy going 43 year old man of many interesting parts. I was born and raised in a small town in Nigeria, where the townsfolk would probably want to lynch me for writing such daring erotic fiction as I now do (Laughs). I enjoy being a single dad to two young boys. 


What kind of books do you write?
I write erotic fiction 

Newest release?
CHECKMATE is my new book releasing on 2/26/2013. Checkmate is my tenth e-book and my very first one to be published by Horny Devil Publishing. 

 Product Details

Blurb
Handsome employee, Stan Jordan is seduced by Peggy Munroe, the only child of the firm’s conservative C.E.O. Stan’s situation gets further complicated when the sexual encounter is caught on video by Constance Munroe, Peggy’s devious stepmother.
Threatening Stan with exposure, Mrs. Munroe blackmails him into becoming her sex slave. Submitting to her brutal domination and humiliation Stan secretly plots his revenge. With the help of a childhood friend “Fix”, Stan turns the table on Mrs. Munroe.
The ruthless Domme suddenly finds herself at the mercy of the man she had so wickedly abused.
In order to secure her freedom, Constance must pay a stiff price. 



What should we expect in your book?
Hot erotic love scenes, interracial romance, drama and intrigue
 
How do you get ideas for your books?
 I find inspiration in several ways including listening to music, chatting/role playing with friends online, and from real life events involving real people and their complex relationships. Certain pictures have been known to ignite stories as well.
 
Anything in your stories based on real experiences?
 Some of my stories have certain elements that are rooted in real life situations. But all the characters and scenarios are a figment of my fertile imagination.

 Toughest criticism? 
Constructive criticism is fuel for growth in creative circles. As a writer I try to learn from them and move on to use them to improve my craft.

 Best compliment?
 I love it when someone connects with my characters and story. That is the best. 

 Any advice for aspiring authors? 
Write, read, research, make sure the story is so good that you love reading it yourself and keep writing. Being an author is not a destination but a Journey. Persevere and the pay off isn’t too far away.

 How about some fun stuff?
 I love reading, and watching movies with friends and family. I also love the great outdoors. 

Dogs or cats or some other pet?
Parrot. It is beautiful, and reminds me of the innocence of childhood. Like a child it mimics your words, and provides the occasional comic relief. Most importantly it is a bird and I love the fact that birds can do what man cannot, fly. 
 
1 Fav book? why?( or one you can recommend)
 Oh gosh, this is a tough one. Step on a Crack by James Patterson Favorite place to travel? The world is my oyster (I’d love to see it all one destination at a time.. 

 1 fav author? Why?( or one you can recommend)
 Now that’s a tough one to answer because there are quite a number of them. The ones that stand out are James Patterson and Tom Clancy. 

Is this your full time job? if yes, anything else you want to do? if no what else do you do?
No, I write part time for now. I work full time as a facility manager for an environmental firm
  
 Where can we find you and your books?
Blog: http://don-abdul.blogspot.com/ http://donabdul.livejournal.com/549.html Face book: http://www.facebook.com/donabdulx http://www.facebook.com/pages/Don-Abduls-Fan-Page/302924493060709 Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/DonAbdul2 e-books: http://www.a1adultebooks.com/site.php?aut=722 Smashwords: http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/DonAbdul 
 http://www.amazon.com/Checkmate-ebook/dp/B00BL7Q082/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1362216732&sr=1-1

Thank you for coming on Julie's Book Review. I wish you lots of success.
Julie Ramsey
ADM JBR 

Oh, thank you Julie for introducing me to your readers. I look forward to making new friends and welcome everyone’s comments. Happy reading, everybody!

2 comments:

Search This Blog

Julie's Book Review

Hello, all my followers, visitors, and guests. Welcome to Julies Book Review. This is a site dedicated to helping authors and readers alike. Readers to find new authors and stories and authors to find new readers. For authors please contact me if you are interested in low cost promotion at juliesbookreview@gmail.com. I accommodate where I can. Readers please go through and search the blog. We have been active here for a while. Hundreds on authors, stories and genres to choose from. We have everything from sci-fi, erotica, romance, contemporary, mystery and horror. And nothing gets on this site without a 3 out 5 star rating minimum. I have several reviewers that read different genres. If you are interested in reviewing for me and the site please contact me at the above email. I hope you enjoy the site. I look forward to meeting and talking with you all.

Julie Ramsey & Theresa Fehse
ADM of JBR
Along with many reviewers (which we could not do this without)

Amazon SearchBox